These banana muffins are so easy to make and are equally loved by adults and children. They are absolutely moist and have a delicious banana flavor. I am not saying it lightly: you won’t regret making these.
(for 8 muffins)
- 100 g Plain Flour, sifted
- 75 g Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon All-Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 50 g Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 Egg
- 60 ml Full Fat Yoghurt
- 2 Large Bananas, very ripe and mashed.
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat your oven at 190C (375F) and line a muffin tin with 8 paper baking cups.
2. Whisk all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices) together in a large bowl.
3. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl. Don’t worry about leaving small chunks of banana in the batter as they add to the flavor!
4. Add the wet ingredients onto the dry ones and mix until just combined. Don’t over-mix the batter, otherwise your muffins will turn out tough due to gluten developing.
5. Spoon the batter into the baking cups, filling them equally.
6. Bake the muffins at 190C (375F) for 18 minutes, or until they’re springy to the touch.