It’s an easy one! Super quick for a breakfast that is not too sweet. I just love these flavors and the streusel crumb contrasting in texture with the body of the muffin .
Ingredients (for 6 muffins):
1 and 1/2 cup plain flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Zest of three Meyer lemons
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup greek yoghurt
1 cup of fresh or frozen berries
for the crumb coat:
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup plain flour
1/8 cup unsalted butter, cubed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1) Preheat your oven at 400F (200C) and line your muffin tin (I used cupcake liners).
To make the muffins (6 large muffins)
2) Whisk flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and lemon zest together in a large bowl.
3) Combine oil, yoghurt, and egg in a separate smaller bowl.
4) Mix together wet and dry ingredients and fill your lined muffin tin up to the rim if you want to get bakery-style muffin tops. Don’t overmix the batter so you don’t develop the gluten and end up with a tough muffin.
To make the crumb coat:
5) Use your finger tips or a fork to rub together all the ingredients.
6) Top your muffins with the crumb mixture.
7) Immediately bake for 30 minutes or until and inserted skewer comes out clean. If your muffins get darker and they’re not done cooking on the inside, cover the tray with aluminum foil and keep baking for 5-10 minutes extra minutes.