The warmth from the cinnamon and the chewiness from the sugar make these one of my favorite types of cookies. The fact that it takes 5 minutes to make before baking them in the oven helps as well 😉
Ingredients (for 12 large cookies):
- 75g (1/3 cup) softened butter, cubed
- 100g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 125g (1 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
for the coating:
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 200C (395F)
- In a small bowl, add half a tablespoon of ground cinnamon and granulated sugar, respectively, and mix to combine. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add all remaining ingredients and pulse for few seconds until all the ingredients are just incorporated and the mix is homogenous.
- Use a tablespoon or an ice cream scooper to roll out 12 medium size balls. You can also make them smaller by using a teaspoon instead. Make sure you bake them for a shorter amount of time.
- Roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar mix and place no more than 6 large balls on a tray lined with baking parchment.
- Bake at 200C (395F) for 10-12 minutes until the edges start browning and the top has cracked. Remove them form the oven & let them rest on the baking tray for at least 10-15 minutes until they have completely firmed up. When you remove them from the oven, they will look puffy and undercooked, but they will firm up while resting.
- If you decide to make smaller cookies, bake them for 6-8 minutes.