Needless to describe a favorite French breakfast! Here’s my recipe.
Ingredients (for 12 crêpes):
- 225 g (1 and 3/4 cups) Plain Flour
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 375 ml (1 and 2/3 cups) Whole Milk
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) Water
- 3 Eggs
- 80g (4 tablespoons) Butter, unsalted and melted
1. Sift flour, sugar and salt into a large bowl and briefly whisk with a hand whisk to combine. If you’re planning on making savory crêpes, skip the sugar.
2. Make a well in the center of the flour mix and break the eggs into the well.
3. Mix water and milk together then pour the mix gradually into the well in the flour mix, while whisking continuously until well combined.
4. Add 4 tablespoons of the melted butter and stir to combine.
5. Sieve the mix into a jug to get rid of all lumps. Trust me when I say, this step is necessary.
6. Heat a pan over medium heat and brush it with a bit of melted butter. If you’re using a non stick pan, you only need to do that for the first crêpe.
7. Pour 1/4 cup of crêpe batter and swirl the pan to help the batter coat the base of the pan. Try to make the crêpe as thin as possible.
8. Cook the batter for about 1 minute on each side until the crêpe is golden.
9. Move the cooked crêpe onto a large plate and repeat the cooking process.